Examples of experience as an expert witness include:
- A 60 mgd advanced wastewater treatment plant with cost and schedule issues
- A wastewater treatment plant that was failing to meet a total nitrogen effluent limit of 10 mg/L
- Feasibility of meeting very stringent effluent nitrogen limits (1 mg/L total nitrogen) proposed by a regulatory agency
- Design and operation of a wastewater treatment plant to control odors
- Operating issue in a water treatment plant treating highly colored groundwater related to issues with an ozonation/activated carbon adsorption system
- Feasibility and cost of treatment of combined sewer overflow
- Effluent limits necessary to protect receiving water quality
- A membrane water filtration system
In addition, he has served as chair or been a member of several expert panels:
- Chair of an expert panel that reviewed odor control alternatives and that recommended an approach for a 91 mgd wastewater treatment plant serving the City of Las Vegas, NV
- Chair of an expert panel that reviewed wastewater collection and treatment system alternatives for a $1.2 billion program for the Capital Regional District, Victoria, British Columbia.
- Chair of an expert panel that reviewed alternative project delivery methods for the $1.2 billion wastewater collection and treatment project for the Capital Regional District, Victoria, British Columbia..
- Chair of an expert panel that reviewed sludge management alternatives for Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Member of an expert panel reviewing the planning of a major new secondary wastewater treatment plant serving Vancouver, British Columbia
- Member of an expert panel that reviewed the proposed design of the 290 mgd Croton Lake water treatment plant for New York City.