Partnering Helps Ensure Project SuccessDownload
Whether you are a planner, designer, or contractor, it is likely you have been exposed to the term “partnering.” It is just as likely that you have heard some of the disparate opinions on the topic.
Facilitating Your Way Out Of The Meeting MireDownload
Have you ever. . .
- Attended meetings that had no focus and no end point?
- Tried to participate in meetings where the same people always monopolize the time?
Strategic Planning That Produces Positive ResultsDownload
Our approach focuses on producing a plan for measurable and effective actions that advance an organization toward its goals.
Myers-Briggs Type And Temperament PreferencesDownload
The authors have administered the Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI®)1 Form M to 740 engineers from 13 consulting engineering firms. This paper presents the resulting information on Myers-Briggs Type preferences and on the related temperaments.
Understanding Psychological Type To Improve Project Team PerformanceDownload
Do any of these project situations seem familiar?
- Work has to be redone because it did not meet the client’s expectations.
- Some team members resist working with others who they stereotype as rigid, flaky, wishywashy, or controlling.
- Some team members go off on tangents (scope creep) because ideas and directions are not thoroughly discussed.
Alternative Project Delivery MethodsDownload
Are there alternative methods for delivering water and wastewater treatment projects that can save time and money without sacrificing project quality?
Motivation: What Works, What Doesn’tDownload
Many firms look to incentive pay or bonus plans to motivate their staff. Such plans may provide shortterm, superficial incentives but will fail to provide true motivation.
Lessons learned operating Membrane Bioreactors (MBR) in the treatment of municipal wastewater treatmentDownload
When compared to a conventional wastewater treatment system that produces a high quality filtered effluent, a membrane bioreactor (MBR) system eliminates the need for a secondary clarifier and effluent filter and, in some cases, effluent disinfection (See Figure One).